Search This Blog

Wednesday 27 April 2016

Micro Marine Base Expansion.

   This is honestly the most fun I've had building in  a long time. And I'm not one to brag, in fact I'm probably my own best critic, but this is looking great.
   I added a new landing pad and control tower. Also, two more missile turrets.

   Now, the two mechs that took me hours to get right. They originally had these real stubby legs with no articulation so I busted up this other mech that I had made and gave them new legs.



 

   My dropship landing. This is like version 3.  I really like the booster technique.

   Small side door thing.
   The reason the cockpit is so small on the mechs and the dropship in relation to the marines armour is because the marines armour is more like a large hardsuits.

And my hovertank. 

   It was originally only one stud wide between the two side pieces but that was too small so I changed it up.

   Boosters on the bottom.

   Group shot. 

   Now I need to get to work on the opposing forces. They will be a bit harder and probably not as fun to build as these guys. Let me know if I missed anything.

5 comments:

  1. Nice, I like the landing pad (now you get air support) and that is really cool with the flames as they have the combined effect of looking like exhaust and giving the illusion that the dropship is actually levitated. Good thinking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to think up some sort of gunship because they are pretty vulnerable to air attacks right now.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, that would be cool. Have you heard of the AC-130 gunship? That thing is pretty cool, though definitely not space-age.

      Delete
    3. Oh yeah! That thing is as cool as they come!

      Delete
    4. Yeah, I am seriously thinking about joining the air force as an officer and flying, but if I enlisted I could still be a gunner or a flight engineer. And the AC-130 has gunners obviously.

      Delete