Search This Blog

Thursday 12 February 2015

The Weary Prospecter.

  This ship was made because I wanted to build a mining ship for the old school rock raiders. Ever since I saw them I thought they were the coolest thing. So here's The Weary Prospector. I'd call it a half SHIP since it's about 50 studs with the engine cone thingy. It's also my first decent large spaceship. I tried to build one a while ago and it was a travesty, I didn't even take pictures.
So here it is. My sisters say it looks like a fish and not a spaceship. Whatever.

If there's one thing I've learned it's that it is a pain to photograph something this big.

This is really my first real attempt at greebles. Don't ask me what they do.

The entrance.You can see the ladder that leads to the upper part of the ship.

The navigational equipment and a red light because every ship needs to know when they are about to explode. Not too technical since there's not much room.                                                                       

And the fully stocked galley.

The sleeping arrangements are cramped at best. 

My attempt at getting a pic of the engine. The only other way would have been to take a sledgehammer to the entire rear end of the ship.                                                                 

With the pilot's seat removed.

And here is the pilot. Finally found a use for that ugly windshield.

The not so pretty underside.

The shipping container can be easily removed.



And there you go. The only two rock raiders I have so far are Bandit and Doc. Oh, well. Anyhow, A few days after I had finished the first version my sibling dropped it on the stairs and it smashed into hundreds of pieces. None of which were too large either. But I was able to get it back together after about 45 minutes of sweating. Overall I'd say I've spent about 4 or 5 hours on this.                           

No comments:

Post a Comment