Search This Blog

Saturday 24 October 2015

Age of Empires III

   I've been playing a lot of AoE lately mostly because it's one of the only games my computer will run well for me. I've been wanting to do a build from it for a while and I decided on a outpost since it's a simple square tower. Eventually I would like to do a fort but that's a little beyond me at the moment. And to let you know all the minifigs were put together by my brother.

The standard level 2 frontier outpost with a villager chopping away. The level one outpost offer nothing more than a distraction and the level twos are only marginally more effective. Level 3s however with their cannons can soften up enemy forces quite effectively.                                   

As you can see it's a little large.

This side is hardly seen at all except sometimes in the campaign.


I had to use a poleaxe because the axes the villagers use to chop wood are way larger than the standard hatchets Lego makes.                                                                                                     

The Musketeer is one of my favorite units in game. He's a very generic infantry unit who is effective against pretty much anything.                                                                                                                 

In my opinion the Halberdier is the most OP unit in the game. I've used 30 slightly upgraded Halberdiers to level an enemy town in a matter of moments. The lethargic AI doesn't help.

I really don't like cavalry in AoE and the Hussar is one of the worst. He's very fragile, expensive and takes up two population spots. The only good thing about him is that most of the AI enemies use him in droves.                                                                                                                                               

Generic explorer with his dog. I like the dogs so much. They are such a powerful sidekick. 

And finally another explorer.

No comments:

Post a Comment