Search This Blog

Monday 28 March 2016

Medieval Stuff

   The outpost here wasn't planned to be showcased on it's own but my vision required a lot more skill than I have at the moment and I gave it up. However, the outpost still looks impressive on it's own plus I had something else I wanted to share.
I tried to go for a weatherbeaten look.

The second floor is supported by huge ironwood pillars. There's also a window to look out out of.


I have no idea why I don't make trapdoors. It must get pretty leaky when it rains.

Now for the secret. I built the entire outpost first then built the base to match. It was probably one of the harder things I've done with my lego but it worked in the end.

Now a pic of the interior. And that is why it's so big. I had to fit those two stairs in there.

And now for my catapult/trebuchet/??? I'm not good at knowing what a particular medieval siege machine is. I built it with my own ideas and no reference pictures.

How it works. This is my breakaway mechanism, You just snap that brown stick to the side...

The chains come away and it either does this... 

Or it falls away beautifully and it flings your ammo, a few centimeters? Yeah, it definitely needs more work and I'm probably going to come up with a version 2.0. 

1 comment:

  1. Nice, the tower is well built, whenever I build large stuff I typically just go for size over finesse. I believe that would be classified as a trebuchet, but I'm no medieval war historian.

    ReplyDelete